Let me start this by saying I am a HUGE fan of Lauren Conrad, or better known as LC from The Hills and Laguna Beach. When I found out that she was writing a novel, I of course had to order it weeks in advance, and when I received it, I could not put it down! This book was AMAZING! I did not expect something like this from L.C. When I first started it, it reminded me of The A-List or Gossip Girl. The girls are not rich, but they are naturally beautiful and they moved to a new city in California. The main character, Jane, just graduated from high school. She is interning for the biggest event planner in L.A. She moved with her best friend. The two girls bump into a show producer, and end up on a reality show.

When the book came out, L.C. said that there were some similarities to her life, but it is not completely based off of her life. It is difficult to believe what L.C. says. As I read the book, I tried to not compare Jane to L.C., but it was very difficult. I kept trying to connect each character in the book with people on L.C.'s two shows. I also kept thinking of L.C. being Jane, even though the two do not look like each other at all.

I am not sure why I loved this book so much. The characters did not frustrate me, which is always a plus. I also really loved the way the book was written. It was very simple and easy to read. L.C. is very descriptive with what the scenes look like and each characters outfits. I always love when I can see the scene in my head. It makes the book a lot better. I think I also really enjoyed the book because Jane was a somewhat shy character. She had just broken up with her long time boyfriend and was scared to meet new guys, (but she does have boy drama!!). Jane is also a very timid girl, and she lets people take advantage of her. She is the girl that almost everyone can relate to, which is why she is the main star of the reality show.

Throughout the book, we see how reality shows are created, the behind the scenes. The girls are constantly getting text messages from the directors saying to repeat something, or speak louder, or go somewhere else. Also, before anyone from the outside world can talk to these girls, they have to sign contracts saying that they will be on t.v. It becomes difficult to figure out who is friends with them just because they are famous, or because they are nice girls.

This book is part of a series. L.C. wrote three books about Jane. I am impatiently awaiting for the second book to come out in a few months. I promise, before the new book comes out I will reread L. A. Candy, and write more in this blog. I read the book a few months ago, but hadn't gotten around to writing about it. However, Before I spill too much detail about this amazing book, I suggest everyone go out and read it! You will get sucked into it, and finish it in a day or two!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home