I will admit that I have not finished this book yet. I am only half-way through it, and it is taking me forever to get to the ending of it. This book is one that I chose on my own, so no, I do not have a class to associate it with. The author of the novel also wrote The Devil Wears Prada. And don't get the wrong message, just because I am taking forever to finish it does not mean that I do not like it. I absolutely love the story, it is just that I do not have a lot of time to read it.


For anyone who has read The Devil Wears Prada, or has seen the movie (book is SO much better!!!), this book is very similar. The main character, Bette, starts out working for a banking company. She eventually gets so fed up with it that she quits. After taking a month hiatus, her uncle gets her a job. The job is working with a public relations company. This company is insane. Any woman who loves to gossip about celebrities, or reads tabloids, than you MUST read this book. Bette begins working for this company and gets a somewhat glamorous life. She gets to go out to all different expensive bars, and gets to party with hot guys. This book includes boys, booze, and gossip...what else could anyone else? Bette gets to plan a huge party, and a whole bunch of celebrities go to it. It's all very exciting, and of course it's the life that I want to live (I say that with every glamorous book like this).


Of course as a teenager I am in love with the book. I recommend the book to anyone who enjoys reading teen novels or about the exciting life of women living in New York City. I wish I could tell you more, but I really don't have much to say. I am only half-way through the story. Once I read more I promise to update you on what happens. And if anyone does finish it before me, please do not ruin the ending of it! I am excited to see what happens with Bette and her love interests.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home